01 Oct Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Bread
It’s time for pumpkin! All the aromas of fall are wrapped up in this velvety quickbread. Walnuts round out the crust for a savory taste experience.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 ¼ cups Bona Dea Gluten Free Flour Blend
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 ½ cups pureed pumpkin (1 14-oz can)*
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup walnut oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- *only have the small 8oz. cans? Use 2 cans (16 oz.) and reduce milk to ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl one at a time combine pumpkin, sugar, egg, vanilla, and walnut oil.
- Alternately add pumpkin mix and milk to flour until combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Fill lined or oil-sprayed 9x5 bread tin. Bake 55-60 min or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Slice when cooled.
Vegan: Replace eggs with 4 TBSP arrowroot and ½ tsp baking powder whisked with 6 TBSP warm water. Substitute milk with almond or coconut milk.